This past weekend I traveled into New York City to complete my final Art Therapy grad school interview. Over the past couple of months as I’ve prepared for these interviews, I wished there was a place where I could find some resources on what applying to art therapy graduate school is like, so I decided to make a list myself!
- Do your research on the program and what it has to offer
- What makes this program different from others?
- Be confident in yourself and your answers
- If you have to do art experientials, don’t worry. There aren’t analyzing you or looking at your fine art skills.
- Dress to impress and be on time!
- Be yourself! if the program doesn’t mix well with your personality then it is not the program for you. Find one that fits exactly what you need.
I hope these have been some helpful tips! Hopefully I receive some good results soon.
4 thoughts on “Applying to Grad School”
This is so cool! I’m also studying to be a therapist, so I love your post!
Good luck with your journey!!!