Taking Control

It’s been in a while since I’ve put my printmaking hat on but I’m back at it! I decided to finish up some Thank You cards this week.

You might remember me mentioning that I had carved too much out of the linoleum block in one of my earlier posts. As expected, the print did not come out completely how I wanted it, but I found a way to work around it.

When I made my first print there was a lot of white space in the middle where the smoke was supposed to be. I took some creative liberty and grabbed my paintbrush to draw some lines on the print.

The lines are supposed to represent smoke and it took a couple of tries until I was happy with the way it looked.

In the end I was able to create unique prints by taking control of the situation. This was quite the experience and I’ve definitely learned a lot from it.

2 thoughts on “Taking Control

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.