Hey guys! So if you all remember, last year I attempted to make ceramic ornaments! Well I took what I learned from those, and tried them again this year. Some struggles are that the ornaments need to be very light to be hung on a tree, otherwise it will weigh the branch down. I also can’t glaze the entire ornament because the part of the ornament that sits on the kiln shelf must be free of glaze. This leads to awkward bare areas of raw clay. I decided to do something a little different, and throw open forms instead of closed. Essentially I threw small mug forms, with the plan of putting small holes at the top. Then, when glazing them I left the rim clean, and fired them upside down! Here are the results.