Finished Collages

Early this past week I finished up the three collage pattern paintings that I wrote about last week. To finish them up I added features to the faces, and details around some of the edges between patterns to make them less harsh.

I’m excited about the finished pieces, and I really enjoyed working with a very different process, but I don’t think this is a direction I will continue working in. The paintings ended up using a lot more supplies than expected, and the cut out patterns were very limiting with color. Towards the end of this week I have started working on some octopus paintings. I have done a few of these in the past, but I like re-visiting this subject matter because it is a fun way to play with different compositions.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.