This week I decided it was time to open up all those books I pressed flowers in a few weeks ago.
I was really excited about my results. I knew I wanted to make some type of wall piece but I was unsure exactly what I wanted it to look like. In the weeks that passed since I’ve pressed the flowers I have saved numerous different ideas on how to display them. Whenever I make a wall piece I always make it a bunch of different ways and take photos of each, that way I can refer back and choose my favorite.
First I laid the flowers onto pieces of Recycled Bristol. Originally I thought I was going to glue them onto the paper and frame it.
I really liked the way the flowers looked on the paper but I wanted to try something else. So I went poking through my stick collection… and this is what I came up with.
I am pressing more flowers to add to this because it don’t not feel complete yet.. But for this week this is where it is at!