The weeks feel shorter and shorter as the MFA show gets closer! In response, I’ve been creating sets of multiples to give myself more options for display.
I started the process by cleaning up my plaster table and setting up more rows of spoon molds to pour into. This way, I was able to double the amount of casts I make per pour. Another set of multiples I worked on is plastic cups and glass, which I set up on another table so I could work on a few pours at one time. The last set is plaster poured into fabric, which I usually do last when I have lots of plaster left over from my smaller molds. Working on three projects simultaneously has put me on an even more productive path – let’s see if I can keep up the pace for the next few weeks.
Featured Image: Jill Sibio, 2019