Hello everyone! I hope you all have had a great summer are keeping cool. The school year is upon us once again and I am excited for this year and for classes to start. As for art classes, I am taking Character Design, Art in the Modern Era and Intermediate Illustration. I am very excited about my Character Design class because it is right up my alley since that is mainly what I want to do with my career. I am also really excited for Intermediate Illustration because I have no idea what projects we are doing and I can’t wait to see what that class has in store.
I thought that I would share a list of goals that I want to complete by the end of my senior year, but they don’t necessarily have to be done by the end of the school year. However, I am constantly looking for ways to improve my work ethic and my art skills.
Senior Year Goals
- Focusing more on detail than just wanting to get a work done and moving on
- Writing down how much time it takes to do each task (Ex: 2 hrs – sketching, etc.)
- Learning that less is more, you don’t need to crowd a work for it to look good, sometimes fewer elements is more
- Practicing more on human anatomy (specifically male anatomy because it happens to be harder for me to draw)
- Going back and adding on to works that need to be fixed rather than just leaving them as they are (I am guilty of not taking advice and just leaving an art piece the way it is ALL. THE. TIME.)
- Learning how to budget my time better so I’m not cramming projects
- Talking to professors for more advice and not clamming up and saying nothing
I hope all of you have an amazing school year! Good Luck!