It’s been a few weeks since I last updated on my first successful ceramics piece. Since then I have created more work that I am proud of, but here is an update on the first piece I’ve created.
Since I first threw it on the wheel, it has air dried, been bisque fired, and is now prepared to be glazed. The first part of the glazing process is to clean the piece by wiping it down with a sponge and some water. While the piece dries I went over to the wall with glazing options on it and selected a glaze that was pleasing to me. Since the color I selected required two coats of separate colors, I started by dipping the first glaze and then spraying on the second coat. Once I put on the two coats of glaze I wiped down the bottom to prevent dripping, after than my piece is now ready for the kiln! Can’t wait to see the final result!